What courses complement this one?
To get a comprehensive understanding of Advanced Modeling, study over 5 days:
- 1 - Advanced Financial Modeling Fundamentals and Three Statement Modeling
- 2 - Advanced Financial Modeling, Forecasting, Integrity and Error Checking
- 3 - Advanced Valuation Fundamentals and DCF Valuation
- 4 - Advanced LBO Modeling
- 5 - Advanced M&A Modeling
Whether you are a new hire, experienced banker, graduate or student, the following online finance courses are open to all looking to develop new skills or enhance existing competencies.
1 - Basic Accounting Statement Bootcamp
2 - Fundamentals of Valuation Online Course
3 - Financial Statement Analysis Online Training Course
4 - Financial Modeling Bootcamp
5 - Fundamentals of Financial Modeling Online Training Course
Financial Modeling Fundamentals
Delegates will learn how to model and integrate the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow of a fast food business using Excel. In addition to learning the steps necessary to build a three statement financial model, delegates will also cover how to build models accurately and efficiently through a series of best practice modeling rules. Delegates also learn how to stress test the assumptions used, to check their work efficiently and to document it.
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Setting Excel up for maximum efficiency
- Working with key modeling formulas and structures
- Building three statement projections
- Modeling cash and revolver
- Addressing standards for good models
- Constructing the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Introduction to checking methodologies
- Performing audit trails
- Incorporating interest income and expense
Three Statement Modeling
Through the process of building a more complex three statement model, delegates are taught how to model operating cash and calculate interest using average debt and average cash balances. The class will address in detail how to work with intentional circular references.
The issue of non-intentional circular references is covered and delegates are taught modeling rules that are designed to help avoid them. The session is designed to expose delegates to different three statement modeling styles: multi-sheet, tower and different income statement layouts. Exposure to a mix of modeling styles will help prepare them to work on in-house models or models they may inherit from other finance professionals.
- Modeling operating cash, excess cash and the revolver
- Calculating interest on cash and debt balances
- Working with intentional circular references
- Avoiding non-intentional circular references
- Building models with different styles and layouts
- Calculating ratios
"I feel much more comfortable navigating Excel, financial statements and financial models. The Excel shortcuts and tricks that the trainer showed us are invaluable." ~ financial analyst, finance boutique
While this is a face to face training course, a blended learning approach is taken and delegates will be provided with access to AMT Online. Our study materials contain both the knowledge and practice materials required to assist with the learning process and help you in your job role. Course materials include:
- printed course binder with copy of the slides
- laminated summary sheets
- 24/7 access to DELTA online learning environment
- class recordings
- course notes
- electronic homework/study files
Who should attend the course?
- New hires who have joined the firm late and missed the in-house program
- Individuals looking to fill a knowledge gap
- Experienced bankers looking to refresh their technical skills
- Teams employed in financial strategy roles from non-banking corporations
- Graduates preparing to interview for a role in the finance sector
- Students at business school and looking for a career in finance