Who should attend the course?
- New hires who have joined the firm late and missed the in-house program
- Individuals looking to fill a knowledge gap
- Experienced bankers looking to refresh their technical skills
- Teams employed in financial strategy roles from non-banking corporations
- Graduates preparing to interview for a role in the finance sector
- Students at business school and looking for a career in finance
Divestiture Analysis and Modeling
This session covers the strategic, financial modeling and accounting implications of divestitures and asset sales. Spreadsheet work and real cases are used throughout the session.
- Divestitures: strategic and financial objectives
- Balance sheet analysis
- Deconsolidation process
- Calculating the gain on disposal, including tax
- Tax basis vs. book basis of investment sold
- Dealing with non-controlling interests
- Adjusting the capital structure of the business to be divested
- Use of sale proceeds and scenario analysis
- Operating investments (capex or business acquisitions)
- Investments in financial assets
- Repayment of debt
- Repurchase of shares
- Special dividend
- EPS analysis, including using relative P/Es
M&A Modeling Issues for Banks
This session addresses three key complexities in M&A models: Non-coterminus year-ends, using a flexible deal date, currency translation and the creation of non-controlling interests.
In order to fully benefit from the session, participants should have knowledge of the fundamentals of M&A accounting and familiarity with financial modeling.
- Building a M&A model: overview
- Building a M&A model
- Non-coterminous years: calendarizing the financials of the target
- Using a flexible deal date
- Dealing with different currencies
- Creation of non-controlling interests
"I thought the public course structure was excellent as it flowed seamlessly from topic to topic. The trainer used real world examples, which really helped my understanding of complex subject matter." ~ finance analyst, global investment bank
While this is a face to face training course, a blended learning approach is taken and delegates will be provided with access to AMT Online. Our study materials contain both the knowledge and practice materials required to assist with the learning process and help you in your job role. Course materials include:
- printed course binder with copy of the slides
- laminated summary sheets
- 24/7 access to DELTA online learning environment
- class recordings
- course notes
- electronic homework/study files
This course is non-residential. The venue will provide light refreshments. AMT reserve the right to cancel or postpone sessions or change content if registrations are insufficient to continue 2 weeks prior to scheduled commencement date. Registrants will be given at least 5 business days’ notice of such changes.