Who should attend the course?
- New hires who have joined the firm late and missed the in-house program
- Individuals looking to fill a knowledge gap
- Experienced bankers looking to refresh their technical skills
- Teams employed in financial strategy roles from non-banking corporations
- Graduates preparing to interview for a role in the finance sector
- Students at business school and looking for a career in finance
Jointly organised with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
- 16 CPE hours (Malaysian Institute of Accountants)
- Claimable under HRDF
- 10 SIDC CPE points
The session lays the foundations to build a solid understanding of corporate valuation in the context of investment banking. The most common valuation methodologies are introduced, explaining the difference between a company's fundamental value, and how much an acquirer would pay for the business. The concepts of enterprise value and equity value are explained, using simple but rigorous exercises. Finally, the basics of multiple valuation and discounted cash flow valuation are introduced. Exercises are used throughout the session.
- The importance of valuation in the investment banking industry
- Fundamental vs. transaction value
- Overview of the major valuation methods
- Trading comparables analysis
- Discounted cash flow analysis
- Transaction comparables analysis
- LBO analysis
- Enterprise vs. equity value
- Book values vs. market values
- Derivation of enterprise values using market values
- Derivation of enterprise values using a fundamental valuation approach
Participants will assess and calculate the unlevered free cash flows of the target company and perform a discounted cash flow analysis on the target company. The resulting value will be sensitized using data tables.
- Calculating unlevered free cash flows
- Calculating the terminal value
- Growing perpetuity
- Introduction to WACC
- Building a discounting model
- Converting the enterprise value to equity value
"I attended AMT's financial modeling courses and they helped bring me up to speed with a few new techniques and tricks. I've certainly strengthened my financial skills feel that I can make a real difference in my team." ~ research analyst, management consultancy
View video to get a flavour of the course
While this is a face to face training course, a blended learning approach is taken and delegates will be provided with access to AMT Online. Our study materials contain both the knowledge and practice materials required to assist with the learning process and help you in your job role. Course materials include:
- printed course binder with copy of the slides
- laminated summary sheets
- 24/7 access to DELTA online learning environment
- class recordings
- course notes
- electronic homework/study files
A good understanding of basic accounting transactions and the relationship between the three financial statements.
This course is non-residential. The venue will provide light refreshments. AMT reserve the right to cancel or postpone sessions or change content if registrations are insufficient to continue 2 weeks prior to scheduled commencement date. Registrants will be given at least 5 business days’ notice of such changes.