What courses complement this one?
To get a comprehensive understanding of Advanced Modeling, study over 5 days:
- 1 - Advanced Financial Modeling Fundamentals and Three Statement Modeling
- 2 - Advanced Financial Modeling, Forecasting, Integrity and Error Checking
- 3 - Advanced Valuation Fundamentals and DCF Valuation
- 4 - Advanced LBO Modeling
- 5 - Advanced M&A Modeling
Whether you are a new hire, experienced banker, graduate or student, the following online finance courses are open to all looking to develop new skills or enhance existing competencies.
1 - Basic Accounting Statement Bootcamp
2 - Basics of Valuation Online Course
3 - Financial Statement Analysis Online Training Course
4 - Financial Modeling Bootcamp
5 - Fundamentals of Financial Modeling Online Course
Financial Modeling - Fundamentals Part 1
This session teaches participants how to build a three statement integrated financial model, comprising income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. Best-practice modelling techniques are demonstrated, to ensure maximum accuracy and efficiency. Participants also learn how to stress-test the assumptions used, to check the model for mistakes and to document it. This session uses simplified teaching models as well as a real company forecast model.
- Setting Excel up for maximum efficiency
- Best-practice keyboard shortcuts for modelling
- Key modeling formulas
- Alternative model layouts
- Structure of an integrated three statement forecast model
- Constructing the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Balancing the forecast balance sheet using cash and revolver
- Incorporating interest income and expense
- Introduction to checking methodologies
- Performing audit trails
Financial Modeling - Fundamentals Part 2
Using a real company forecast model, we start the session by reviewing the structure and key components of an integrated three statement forecast model. We then focus on modeling operating cash (required cash) and separating it from excess cash. We then teach participants how to build a forecast cash flow statement from scratch, using income statement and balance sheet inputs. The last part of this session focuses on interest calculations and circularities, where we teach participants the difference between using beginning, ending or average debt/cash balances and how to work safely and effectively with or without circular formulae in a model.
- Review of the structure and key components of a forecast model
- Review of the modelling steps to build a three statement integrated model
- Modeling operating cash (require cash) and excess cash
- Building a forecast cash flow statement from scratch
- Calculating interest on cash and debt balances
- What is a circular formula?
- Working with intentional circular references
- Avoiding non-intentional circular references
AMT offers a variety of financial modelling courses in London for all abilities.
"It's great to have access to the AMT online platform. I found the videos and quizzes really useful to refer back to after my public course. The videos in particular were simple and easy to understand." ~ analyst, private equity firm
View video to get a flavour of the course
While this is a face to face training course, a blended learning approach is taken and delegates will be provided with access to AMT Online. Our study materials contain both the knowledge and practice materials required to assist with the learning process and help you in your job role. Course materials include:
- laminated summary sheets
- 24/7 access to DELTA online learning environment
- class recordings
- course notes
- electronic homework/study files
Who should attend the course?
- New hires who have joined the firm late and missed the in-house program
- Individuals looking to fill a knowledge gap
- Experienced bankers looking to refresh their technical skills
- Teams employed in financial strategy roles from non-banking corporations
- Graduates preparing to interview for a role in the finance sector
- Students at business school and looking for a career in finance
A solid understanding of financial statement accounting is needed for this course. AMT's Financial Statement Analysis courses will provide the knowledge you require: