What courses complement this one?
To get a comprehensive understanding of Advanced Modeling, study over 5 days:
- 1 - Financial Modeling Fundamentals and Three Statement Modeling
- 2 - Financial Modeling, Forecasting, Integrity and Error Checking
- 3 - Valuation Fundamentals and DCF Valuation
- 4 - LBO Modeling
- 5 - M&A Modeling
Whether you are a new hire, experienced banker, graduate or student, the following online finance courses are open to all looking to develop new skills or enhance existing competencies.
1 - Basic Accounting Statement Bootcamp
2 - Fundamentals of Valuation Online Course
3 - Financial Statement Analysis Online Training Course
4 - Transaction Comparables Valuation Online Course
5 - M&A Accounting Online Training Course
During this session, delegates build a fully integrated merger model which combines financial statement forecasts for the acquirer and the target. Practical consolidation issues are addressed. The deal analysis focuses on the financing structure, pricing, earnings and credit impact and value creation.
- The advantages of a full blown merger model
- Preparing the stand alone data for acquirer and target
- Preparing key deal data
- Building a flexible funding structure using a sources and uses of funds table
- Calculating goodwill
- Dealing with fair value adjustments to the target's net assets
- Dealing with refinancing of target's debt
- Modeling fees (advisory, debt-issuance and equity-issuance)
- Consolidating the financial statements of acquirer and target
- Earnings accretion/dilution and relative P/E analysis
- Assessing the value creation potential of the deal using return on invested capital (ROIC) analysis
- Contribution analysis
- Analysis at various prices (AVP)
- Net present value of synergies vs. control premium
- Identifying the maximum offer price and a suitable financing mix
"I feel much more comfortable navigating Excel, financial statements and financial models. The Excel shortcuts and tricks that the trainer showed us are invaluable." ~ financial analyst, finance boutique
What will you receive on the course?
While this is a face to face training course, a blended learning approach is taken and delegates will be provided with access to AMT Online. Our study materials contain both the knowledge and practice materials required to assist with the learning process and help you in your job role. Course materials include:
- laminated summary sheets
- 24/7 access to DELTA online learning environment
- class recordings
- course notes
- electronic homework/study files
Who should attend the course?
- New hires who have joined the firm late and missed the in-house program
- Individuals looking to fill a knowledge gap
- Experienced bankers looking to refresh their technical skills
- Teams employed in financial strategy roles from non-banking corporations
- Graduates preparing to interview for a role in the finance sector
- Students at business school and looking for a career in finance
This course is non-residential. The venue will provide light refreshments. AMT reserve the right to cancel or postpone sessions or change content if registrations are insufficient to continue 2 weeks prior to scheduled commencement date. Registrants will be given at least 5 business days’ notice of such changes.