What courses complement this one?
To get a comprehensive understanding of Advanced Modeling, study over 5 days:
- 1 - Advanced Financial Modeling Fundamentals and Three Statement Modeling
- 2 - Advanced Financial Modeling, Forecasting, Integrity and Error Checking
- 3 - Advanced Valuation Fundamentals and DCF Valuation
- 4 - Advanced LBO Modeling
- 5 - Advanced M&A Modeling
Whether you are a new hire, experienced banker, graduate or student, the following online finance courses are open to all looking to develop new skills or enhance existing competencies.
1 - Fundamentals of Accounting Statements
2 - Basics of Valuation Online Course
3 - Financial Statement Analysis Online Training Course
4 - Financial Modeling Bootcamp
5 - Basics of Financial Modeling Online Course
Financial Modeling - From Scratch
This session teaches participants how to build a three statement forecast model starting from a blank Excel spreadsheet. We begin by setting up a roadmap to guide us through the modelling process and then we proceed to build up a model template which we populate with historical financial information drawn from the case company’s financial statements. We analyse the company’s historical data by calculating financial ratios, which are then utilized as a basis to set the assumptions driving the financial forecasts. The full forecast model, comprising income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement, is then built. As we build the model, we examine various forecasting techniques for the key elements of the financial statements. Once the model is complete, we test its integrity and we sanity-check the financial forecasts.
- Identifying relevant information in the company’s financial statements, management discussion and analysis, and notes
- Isolating historical non-recurring income and expenses
- Forecasting techniques
- Revenues and operating costs
- Operating working capital
- Fixed assets - capital expenditure and depreciation
- Intangible assets
- Effective tax rate, taxes payable and the various deferred tax items
- Debt schedule
- Equity and share repurchases
- Balancing accounts (balance sheet plugs)
- Building a cash flow statement from scratch
- Documentation techniques
- Integrity checking
- Sanity-checking the financial forecasts
""The virtual classroom was engaging and it felt like a classroom training"" ~ HR, International Investment Bank
View video to get a flavour of the course
While this is a face to face training course, a blended learning approach is taken and delegates will be provided with access to AMT Online. Our study materials contain both the knowledge and practice materials required to assist with the learning process and help you in your job role. Course materials include:
- printed course binder with copy of the slides
- laminated summary sheets
- 24/7 access to DELTA online learning environment
- class recordings
- course notes
- electronic homework/study files
Who should attend the course?
- New hires who have joined the firm late and missed the in-house program
- Individuals looking to fill a knowledge gap
- Experienced bankers looking to refresh their technical skills
- Teams employed in financial strategy roles from non-banking corporations
- Graduates preparing to interview for a role in the finance sector
- Students at business school and looking for a career in finance
Delegates will be taught how to build a fully integrated Model from a blank Excel spreadsheet. A solid understanding of Financial Statement Analysis and Financial Modeling using a template is required in order for this day to be beneficial.
AMT reserve the right to cancel or postpone sessions or change content if registrations are insufficient to continue 2 weeks prior to scheduled commencement date. Registrants will be given at least 5 business days’ notice of such changes.