1. Confirmation of your booking will be sent by email or post within 2 days of receipt and payment is taken immediately with the full amount payable subject to the cancellation terms within this document. Course documentation is distributed at the time of the event.
2. AMT reserve the right to cancel or postpone sessions or change content if registrations are insufficient to continue 2 weeks prior to the scheduled commencement date. Delegates will be given at least 5 business days’ notice of such changes. Upon purchasing one of our courses the customer agrees to the following changes to their rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
3. The customer has a 7-day cooling-off period. This is unaffected unless the performance of the service begins before that 7 day period finishes. This includes the performance of pre-course logistics that have to be undertaken in order to provide the service, involving but not limited to venue booking and delegate placing. To this end, we start to incur costs straight away and thus the 7-day cooling-off period is reduced.
4. Cancellations must be submitted in writing at least four weeks before the start of the course and will incur no charges. 2 - 4 weeks prior to the start of the course 50% course fees are payable. Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course 100% course fees will be charged.
5. If a delegate is unable to attend, a substitute delegate may attend at no additional charge provided the candidate is of the same level of experience and AMT is informed in writing before the course starts.
6. One transfer to a later course date will be permitted provided:
- AMT is informed in writing at least two weeks before the original course start date.
- Course transfer is also subject to a 15% administration fee. If further transfers (or cancellations) occur, full cancellation fees will become payable.
7. If the client cancels a course place, or transfers the delegate from one course to another, within four weeks of the start of the original course, AMT will incur full accommodation charges from the venue. In this event, we will have to pass these charges on to the client.
8. Delegates will be responsible for any damage incurred at the venue as a result of the delegate's own neglect or default and any charge levied to remedy such damage.
9. Prices may be subject to change. If this affects your order you will be notified. If a pricing error is encountered for any reason AMT reserves the right to amend the price and offer the customer a refund for their current payment, or request additional payment.
10. The booking constitutes a legally binding contract. The delegate and employer are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due to AMT.
11. To the extent permitted by law, neither AMT nor its presenters will be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the course or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the course, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the course material or presentation of the course. Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but is not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
12. Continuing Professional Development and Continuing Professional Education. Hours or points may be claimed as indicated by the following professional bodies: The Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board, ILEX, ICSA, CIOT, IPA, RICS, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA, CLC, ACCA and STEP.
eLearning Course Purchases
1. GRANT OF LICENCE
In consideration of your payment, we hereby grant you a licence to use the purchased eLearning courses (“the Products”). This licence is limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable, and is subject to the rights and obligations granted under these Terms. This licence is personal to you and cannot be shared or exchanged with others.
We develop, distribute and maintain the Products and will also provide you with login details. We will also manage your access to the Products and provide support to you, where necessary. You shall not copy, modify, transmit, distribute or in any way exploit the Products or any other copyrighted materials provided other than for your individual training. Any other purpose is expressly prohibited under these terms. You shall also not permit anyone else to copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute or in any way exploit the Products or any other copyrighted materials. We provide the materials ‘as is’ and without any warranties, whether express or implied, except those that cannot be excluded under the statute. We also do not warrant that the materials will be error-free, including technical inaccuracies.
3. ACCESS TO MATERIALS
The start date of your access to the Products is deemed to be the date that you first have access. We will attempt to contact you where your access period has ended. Where this is the case, we cannot guarantee that certification or completion (as appropriate) will be possible. As such, it is your responsibility to ensure that you complete the content within the allocated time period. If you do not think this will be possible, then extensions of time are available for purchase at an additional cost. We will take all commercially reasonable steps to provide you with uninterrupted access to the Products. However, your access may be restricted from time to time for reasons beyond our control. Such reasons include force majeure events, power outages and actions from computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Your access may also be interrupted due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic, programming errors, regular maintenance and other related reasons. Where this is the case, we will take commercially reasonable steps to restore your full access within a reasonable period of time. ‘Commercially reasonable’ in these terms shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith, without an unduly burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money. Our aim is to provide courses and materials of the highest quality. As such, improvements or changes to the Products or any other materials may occur at any time without prior notification in order to ensure that they are up to date and accurate. Where your access to the Products is restricted for any of the above reasons, we may provide you with a free extension of time at our sole discretion upon written request by you.
4. PRICING AND PAYMENT
We use third-party payment providers, depending on the way in which you make payments, CyberSource Ltd. Payment for the Products must be made at the point of purchase. You agree to provide payment for the Products in the stipulated currency and you will be liable to pay any relevant conversion charges, as well as applicable sales tax in your region. Please note that we must receive your payment in full before providing you with access to the Products. Your payment includes the licensing of the Products for a limited period of time that is appropriate for the eLearning content. We are unable to provide a refund if you fail to complete the content within the allocated time, except at our absolute and sole discretion. We reserve our right to review and change the pricing of any of our products. This will not affect products that have already been purchased.
5. CANCELLATION AND RESTRICTION POLICY
Where Products are delivered to you immediately, you will not have the right to change your mind. In other cases, you may change your mind within fourteen (14) days of purchase, so long as materials have not been provided to you, downloaded, streamed or otherwise accessed. If you do wish to cancel, please contact us via the email address set out above in the ‘Information about us and how to contact us’ section of these terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the system requirements, including compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service, prior to purchasing any content. We are unable to provide refunds where your access to the Products is restricted due to insufficient system requirements. We may restrict your access to the Products if you breach these terms, including without limitation:
a) A failure to make any payment due to us; or
b) Failure to provide accurate information that is necessary for us to provide the Products to you.
In these circumstances, we will inform you in writing with seven (7) days’ notice that your access to the Products will be restricted
Purchases made from REED.co.uk
Under this policy, you may cancel your purchase of the course within the period of 14 calendar days from the date on which the contract of purchase is concluded. This is called a "Cancellation Period". Note that if you redeem your voucher during the Cancellation Period, you expressly request us to begin providing the course materials and you acknowledge that you lose your right to cancel the purchase of the course and get any refund for it. In case you decide to cancel your purchase of a course, it can be done in the following way:
By filling out the Cancellation Form and sending it via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cancel the purchase of a course within 14 calendar days as mentioned above, we will refund you for all payments made as a part of your purchase within 14 calendar days from the day we accept that you are entitled to a refund.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the laws of the United Kingdom, the Products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. If the Products are faulty, then you are entitled to ask for a repair or a replacement and if the fault cannot be fixed, or it has not been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, then you may request some or all of your money refunded. If you can show that the fault has damaged your device and that we have not used reasonable care and skill, then you may be entitled to compensation.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All rights, title and interest in intellectual property rights relating to the Products including copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, improvements, developments, proprietary information, know-how, processes, methods, business plans or models (including computer software and preparatory and design materials thereof) and all other intellectual property (whether registered or not) developed or created from time to time shall exclusively be owned by AMT Training. You may utilise the intellectual property in the terms granted to you under the licence and you understand that there shall be no transfer of ownership of the same.
Nothing that you see or read in the Products may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed for commercial use. All other trademarks, service marks and trade names in this material are the marks of the respective owners and any unauthorised use is prohibited.
8. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for the loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is either obvious that it will happen or if we are both aware it might happen, such as where you have discussed the possibility with us during the sales process. We are not liable to you in any way for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any character, including without limitation damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, loss of productivity or contract or any and all other commercial damages or losses. We do not exclude or limit our liability to you in any case where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products (summarised above in section 6 of these terms and conditions). If the Products damage your device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage which you could have avoided by following our advice, following installation/download instructions, or having in place the minimum system requirements as advised by us. Our liability to you for any damage to your computer system or loss of data resulting from the downloading of content is limited to the amount you have paid for the Products. In no event shall we be liable for damages in excess of this sum.
9. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
You need our consent to transfer your rights under these terms to someone else. We may not agree to this as these terms grant a licence for your benefit only. Nobody else has any rights under these terms, they are between you and us. No other person shall have any right to enforce any of its terms. If a court finds part of these terms illegal, then the rest will continue in force. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
10. GOVERNING LAW
These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts.
All orders are shipped within 5 working days. Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm GMT. We will try to resolve any issues immediately, but if there is an issue that will delay your order past this point we will inform you via email.
All shipping methods require a signature upon delivery.
AMT uses both DHL and Royal as the preferred couriers to deliver your order in the UK, this depends on location and order weight. Alternative couriers may be sourced for delivery outside of mainland UK and covered by our fixed shipping costs for such deliveries.
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. You will be able to calculate your shipping price prior to the checkout.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment. These terms only apply to our physical products except laminated sheets, which are non-refundable. For refunds/exchanges on course bookings see above.
How to return an item
Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned unless there is a manufacturer defect. You must return the item within 30 days of your purchase. The customer pays for the return. This does not affect your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Please email email@example.com to request a refund and we will assign you a tracking number.
Mail your returned item to:
10 Whitechapel High Street
Include in your package a signed letter stating the reason for your return and the email invoice.
Merchandise that has been used or altered will not be accepted for return or exchange. Laminated sheets will not be accepted.
All items are subject to a 10% restocking fee, this will be deducted from your refund. We also do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid on the order. This does not affect your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
We do not operate an exchange policy. In addition to the general booking terms above, the following also applies to the bookings of Live or Recorded Online Training.
AMT Online Training
1. We will send you a link, together with login details and password, to access the live online seminar in the joining instructions for the event.
2. AMT will have no liability and is not obliged to waive the live online seminar fee if you cannot access the live online seminar due to firewalls, other hardware or software issues within your organisation or failure of any system used by you. Your joining instructions will include a link to a test page to test in advance to test that your systems can receive the live online seminars and it is your responsibility to check that the link works on your system.
3. We will send you a link to the recording of the live online seminar after the live event which will be available to view online for a limited period.
4. You consent to AMT monitoring the number of computers which access the live online seminar and their IP addresses in order to ensure that the access URL has not been distributed beyond those entitled to view the live online seminar pursuant to these terms.
5. AMT reserves its copyright in the live online seminars and all materials and recordings associated with them, and no licence is hereby granted for you or others in your organisation to copy or distribute, or for you to permit viewing by others, whether in your organisation or otherwise and whether as a commercial activity or otherwise, the live online seminar, any recording of it, or the materials associated with it, including all links to such recordings and materials that may be sent you.
6. CPD in relation to all live and recorded online seminars accrues only to the delegate who has booked on the live event or ordered the recording and no licence is hereby granted to permit other than the delegate to view any live seminar or recording.
AMT Recorded Online Training
1. We sometimes offer the recording of a previously broadcast live online seminar for sale to those who have not viewed the live event. If you purchase such a recording you will receive a link to view it online up until the date specified, after which the recording will no longer be available to view.
2. Without prejudice to Paragraph 10 of the booking and cancellation section above, the content of recorded online live seminars is the content as at the time of recording and neither AMT nor its presenters are liable for any errors or omissions in that content.
3. The provisions of Paragraphs 5 and 6 of the online training section above apply equally to links to and material within recorded online seminars.