Derivatives Fundamentals Bootcamp
What do you get on this course?
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Calculate futures profits and losses
- Carry out futures margins calculations
- Explain the importance of clearing houses to the futures markets
- Understand the meaning of calls and puts both long and short and be able to draw payoff profiles
- Identify time value and intrinsic value
- Evaluate options hedges for long and short underlying positions and draw their payoff profiles
- Understand the main factors affecting options prices.
- Futures fundamentals
- Futures P&L
- Futures contract codes
- Clearing houses and central clearing
- Futures margins
- Maintenance margin
- Futures versus forwards
- Option fundamentals
- Option basics
- Call option payoff profiles
- Put option payoff profiles
- Option payoff summary
- Spot, asset price, underlying, underlying price
- ATM, ITM, OTM
- Options for hedging
- Option intrinsic value and time value
- Option price drivers
1.75 hours of video content.
Estimated 3.5 hours to complete.
How to access your course
- Checkout and pay for the course(s).
- Your course(s) will be added to your DELTA account.
- You will then receive an email with joining instructions.
- You will have 12 months access from date of purchase.
This course is open to all. To maximize the benefit of this course we recommend an understanding of Microsoft Excel.
You will need an Internet connected device to access the videos and download supporting resources. Supporting resources can be used offline, which require Microsoft Excel 2003 or later and a PDF reader.
You’ll be able to easily access all of the materials you need through our learning management system DELTA
- Bite-size trainer led HD videos detailing step by step techniques and best practices.
- Download the slides and files as used in the videos, which can be completed while watching or saved for later.
- Open forum for quick problem solving.