Equity Markets Bootcamp
What do you get on this course?
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Identify the key players and products in the equity markets
- Explain the meaning of IPOs and rights issues
- Be aware of the main equity valuation methods
- Calculate price weighted and market weighted equity indices
- Explain key market order types and the workings of central limit order books
- Introduction to equity markets – what is equity?
- Equity types
- Depository receipts
- Equity market key players
- Different investment styles
- IPO’s-follow-ons and and rights issues
- Block trades
- Equity valuation – Equity valuation methods
- The PE multiple
- PE relatives and PEG ratio
- Enterprise versus equity multiples
- DCF valuation
- Absolute returns – short selling
- Equity indices – Global equity indices
- Equity indices
- Price weighted versus market weighted indices
- Equity markets and orders – Cum-div and ex-div trading
- Central limit order books
- Equity trading conventions
2 hours of video content.
Estimated 4 hours to complete.
How to access your course
- Checkout and pay for the course(s).
- Your course(s) will be added to your DELTA account.
- You will then receive an email with joining instructions.
- You will have 12 months access from date of purchase.
This course is open to all. To maximize the benefit of this course we recommend an understanding of Microsoft Excel.
You will need an Internet connected device to access the videos and download supporting resources. Supporting resources can be used offline, which require Microsoft Excel 2003 or later and a PDF reader.
You’ll be able to easily access all of the materials you need through our learning management system DELTA
- Bite-size trainer led HD videos detailing step by step techniques and best practices.
- Download the slides and files as used in the videos, which can be completed while watching or saved for later.
- Open forum for quick problem solving.